Commercial kitchen maintenance can often seem costly with the amount of equipment needed to be cleaned, however, by maintaining the equipment you can extend it’s life, decreasing future costs. Costs are not the only factor to take into consideration when it comes to the maintenance of your kitchen. Vital factors such as increasing your hygiene rating, reducing the fire risk, increasing air quality and more.
Your kitchen checklist:
- ● Wipe down the walls wherever there are splashes
- ● Clean the grill, griddle, range, flattop, and fryer including around and underneath the equipment
- ● Change the foil lining on top of the ranges, grills, and flattops
- ● Wipe down other equipment, such as microwaves, toasters, and meat slicers
- ● Disinfect all prep area surfaces
- ● Wash all utensils, tableware and glassware and let them air-dry overnight
- ● Clean the sinks including handwash sinks
- ● Washcloths, towels, aprons, and uniforms in the washing machine
- ● Refill soap dispensers and replace empty paper towel rolls
- ● Sweep walk-in refrigerators and storage areas
- ● Take out the trash and recycling
- ● Disinfect the waste disposal area and clean the rubbish bins
- ● Sweep and mop the floors
- ● Clean ovens, including the walls, door, and racks
- ● De-limescale the sinks and taps
- ● Boil out the deep fryer
- ● Wash and sanitize the walk-in refrigerators and freezers
- ● Clean any anti-fatigue mats
- ● Use drain cleaner on the floor drains
- ● Schedule a professional filter cleaning company* (like us)
- ● Clean out and sanitize any ice machines
- ● Clean and sanitize the freezer
- ● Empty grease traps
- ● Wash walls and ceiling to remove grease buildup
- ● Schedule a deep clean with a professional cleaning company*
- ● Schedule your ventilation system to be cleaned with a professional company*
This checklist should get you started with your kitchen maintenance, this list will not cover everything within your kitchen as every kitchen will have different needs and setups. Regular cleaning maintenance will allow your staff to pick up on any problems with equipment, decreasing downtime when the kitchen is open as the equipment is less likely to go down during serving time.
* These services should be conducted by a professionally trained team, who will be able to provide you with documented evidence of the clean which can be kept on file for insurance companies, the council and your reference.
Just filters specialise in filters within your workplace, your filters can be cleaned and maintained by us or simply buy new ones through our online store.